The Social Venture Fund (SVF) at the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business accepts business plans on a yearly cycle, from approximately early September through late October. We seek innovative, high-impact, for-profit social enterprises in which to invest. As the nation’s first student-led impact investing fund, the SVF currently has seven companies in its portfolio. Read about them here.
Companies must meet the following criteria:
Our Investment Criteria
- Social Enterprise: The Social Venture Fund focuses exclusively on for-profit social enterprises that are committed to positive and measurable social and/or environmental impact. In evaluating potential investments, we employ rigorous social and financial valuation techniques to ensure that companies have the potential to provide a strong blended social and financial return.
- Alignment with Investment Areas: We invest in (typically) post-revenue companies responding to critical challenges within the Education, Food Systems & Environmental, Health, and Urban Revitalization sectors.
- Investment Amounts and Stage: We invest $50,000 – $100,000 in equity or convertible debt notes as part of larger capital rounds, typically seed or Series A. Post-investment, we provide our portfolio companies access to resources at the University of Michigan to help them scale quickly and deliver on their social or environmental mission.
- Change Agent Entrepreneurs: We invest in inspiring leaders capable of assembling a world-class management team that shares their passion and commitment to the enterprise’s sustained impact.
- Location: We focus on businesses based in the United States. The Urban Revitalization circle is particularly interested in plans for the Southeast Michigan/Detroit area.
We are currently accepting business plans for our 2017-2018 investment cycle until Friday, November 3rd 2017. To submit your business please visit https://podio.com/webforms/19328868/1301837 and send a copy of your business plan to email@example.com
Reach out to Sahar Omrani at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.